Friday, February 25, 2011

Sad movies

I am such a masochist when it comes to watching movies. I either want to laugh until I can't breathe, cry until I can't breathe, or be so scared that I can't bare to look at the screen.

This week I have seen two of the most depressing movies EVER.

First, The Diving Bell and The Butterfly. This movie is based off the french memoir written by Jean-Dominique Bauby. Bauby was Elle magazines editor before suffering a massive stroke that left him in "locked-in syndrome." With the help of a speech therapist, Bauby was able to communicate using only his left eye to pen his memoir. Bauby died just two days after it was released.


Second, The Green Mile. Based off the critically acclaimed novel written by Stephen King. What else is there to say? It's Stephen King. You have been warned.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment