Thursday, February 3, 2011

I love Julia Child

I am deeply deeply in love with food, cooking, eating...and Julia Child. My boyfriend knows this so he was sweet enough to buy me "Mastering The Art of French Cooking" by Julia Child & Co.

I've glanced over the books (yes books, there are 2 volumes and they are huge!)...and I am extremely intimidated by them. There are so many delicious recipes in there, but I'm afraid that I would be doing Julia Child a huge disservice and in essence slapping her memory in the face if I messed up one of her recipes. Yes, I realize that I won't ever learn if I don't ever try and in the process make some mistakes...but that doesn't make this first step any easier.

It doesn't help that there are 2 volumes and just way too much delicious recipes to sift through. I think I'll start small and simply pick one category (beef, poultry, fish...etc). and go from there.

Wish me luck!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment