Thursday, March 8, 2012

Year Hiatus

I can't believe almost an entire year has passed since my last post. So much has changed since then.

In September of 2011, I, along with a couple of friends went to Burning Man. To say it was a life changing experience is putting it mildly. Upon my return, everything changed. Whether I wanted it to or not. One of the biggest changes than came about was having my heart completely and irrevocably shattered. Yes, I know- I sound quite melodramatic, but at the time (and still from time to time...) it felt like the end of the world. In a sense it really was the end of the world. At least it was the end of my world and life with someone who I honestly felt that I could someday marry. The reality of that relationship was that we not only grew apart, but we were never really right to begin with. What I want from a relationship, he could never give me. And what he needed, well...I still don't know what he wanted from me. I don't even think he knows. It has taken me a long time to get to this point, and there are still days that I struggle with it.

Another change which happened exactly 1 week ago is that for the first time in my 25 years on this Earth, I have moved out from under my parents thumb. Not to say that I was ever really under their thumb, but it sounds dramatic and exciting so just go with it. And it really IS exciting. And terrifying. But mostly exciting.

I have moved to Carlsbad, CA (roughly 1 mile from the beach!) and am itching for summer to arrive. While it may sound utterly cliche, I feel like this is only my beginning. I don't know why, but I have an inkling that this summer may be a catalyst to some extraordinary things that are in my future. I just wish I knew what these extraodinary things are.

No comments:

Post a Comment