Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tea Tree Oil: Does it really work?

Lately, my skin has been for lack of a better word: CRAZY. Now, I have never had perfect skin. In fact, after High School I definitely struggled with some major breakouts. I turned to a fad, ProActiv, which actually worked for me. I only used it for about a year or two as I saw it start to put a huge hole in my (okay, my mom's) wallet, as well as when I started to research skincare and kept reading about how things such as this skincare line can strip your skin, and actually lead to more breakouts. So, I stopped. I didn't see a huge change in my skin...until now.

I'm not sure if it's because I turned 25 (hormones?) or if it's the insurmountable amount of stress that I have been under lately, but my skin is angry, angry, angry.

Now, I've heard things about Tea Tree Oil being a great spot treatment, but I've never really given it a shot. However, that is all about to change! I did some grocery shopping earlier today at Trader Joe's (love them), and stumbled upon a little bottle of 100% Tea Tree Oil. Since it is concentrated, they suggest diluting the oil with some water before applying to skin to avoid irritation.

I have a couple of active breakouts (read: volcanoes) on my face which I plan to attack with this bad boy tonight. I will most definitely update on the effectiveness (or lack thereof) of this natural treatment. Till then, anybody have any advice, stories, etc?

No comments:

Post a Comment