Friday, January 28, 2011

Buried

I just started watching the movie Buried starring Ryan Reynolds which was released in 2010. I had never heard of it until my boyfriend and I stumbled upon it a couple of days ago at Blockbuster. Yes, we still go to Blockbuster. There is just something about actually going to a video store that may seem outdated to some people, but to me...well, I find it rather romantic. Strange, I know. Anyways, I shall cross the Red Box/Netflix bridge when I get to it.

So far, Ryan Reynolds' character is stuck in a coffin with only a cell phone and a lighter. He has no idea why he's there or how he got there. It's been only 5 minutes and I am already extremely frustrated with this plot line...and the boyfriend isn't helping.

Boyfriend: "If he had really been buried, he would have already run out of oxygen by now."

Michelle: "Well, not necessarily. What if he just got buried? I think you have about an hour."

Boyfriend: "Not with how heavy he's breathing, he would have run out by now."

Michelle: "Jkjhfjkghfd, YES I KNOW...but it's a movie."

Ryan Reynolds' character whose name has not yet been revealed has finally gotten a hold of someone only to have them further frustrate him (and me!).

Seriously people, he's stuck in a COFFIN and you're upset because he is speaking rapidly and "rudely" to you? I'd really like to see someone stuck in a coffin act calmly and rationally, however I think that is not very plausible.

(10 minutes into the movie) Ryan Reynolds' character has lost it...and with good reason. I would have lost it within the first minute of discovering I was in a coffin with no way out.

It's kind of hard to remember why we chose this movie to begin with considering we just started it around midnight and these types of movies just can't be good to watch before bed...but I think it has something to do with the fact that I'm a masochist.

Sweet dreams...I hope?

No comments:

Post a Comment